Monday, November 5, 2012

Garlic Chicken Puffs

Hello,

A few weekends ago I made these delish garlic chicken puffs for a gathering that I attended. I found the recipe on Pinterest a while ago and had been wanting to try them. The recipe that I followed is located here:  http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/appetizers-and-snacks/garlic-chicken-puffs/


I'm sorry I don't have a picture of all the ingredients that I used this time. I was kind of in a hurry. I ended up modifying this recipe quite a bit as I wanted to make a larger quantity than the recipe originally called for.

Ingredients:
  • 4 oz cream cheese - this is a half a bar. I used the entire 8 oz bar of Neufchatel 
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder - I definitely used alot more than this. I just added enough so that I could actually taste the garlic. It was probably around 1-1.5 tablespoons
  • 1/2 cups, cooked shredded chicken - I used a large can of chicken drained
  • 1 cup of cheddar cheese - this was my own personal addition to the recipe because everything is better with cheese. Duh.
  • 2 8oz cans of crescent rolls - I used 3 cans containing 8 each
 
Mix cream cheese, garlic, cheese, and chicken in a bowl until well blended. I heated up the cream cheese beforehand in the microwave so that it was softer. Unroll the crescent rolls. Cut each triangle into 2 triangles so you'll have 16 triangles for each can of crescent rolls. The next part is tricky. You're going to want to place 1 dollop of the mixture on the center of each triangle and fold the corners in over it. You'll want to seal it up as best as possible so that it doesn't goo out when you put it in the oven. Place on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. I did 2 batches on the cookie sheet. They turned out really good. Next time I want to add some diced jalapenos to the mixture as well to give it a little more kick.



Hope you enjoy this recipe and happy cooking, couponing, and crockpotting!



No comments: