Monday, November 12, 2012

Chicken Pot Pie Casserole

Hello,

A while back I made a recipe I like to call Chicken Pot Pie Casserole. I based my creation on the recipe found here:  http://mariescookingadventures.blogspot.com/search/label/Cassorole
You'll need to scroll down the page a bit to find the recipe. This recipe was easy to make and reheated well the next day.


 
Ingredients:
  • 1 tube of biscuits - I used the Pillsbury Grands Jr. 10 count but any should work
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup - I used 98% fat free - cream of anything would work fine though
  • 1/2 cup sour cream - I didn't have sour cream so I used milk - you could also use heavy whipping cream or half and half
  • 1/2 stick melted butter
  • 1 can of peas - I used a bag of frozen mixed vegetables instead
  • 2 cups of cooked chicken
  • 1 cup of mild shredded cheese - I used sharp cheddar and did not measure. I just sprinkled it on top til it seemed like it was covered
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • Ground black pepper to taste



Heat your oven to 375 degrees. Mix your cream of something with your sour cream (in my case milk) in the baking dish. The website suggests a 8 inch square dish. I don't know what you would call my dish but it worked well. Then stir in your chicken, vegetables, melted butter, pepper, and that last 3 tablespoons of milk. I learned that my frozen vegetables did not work well with the melted butter. Next time I will make sure my veggies aren't frozen when I mix them with the other ingredients. Spread the mixture evenly in your baking dish. Sprinkle with however much cheese your heart desires. I might mix some of the cheese in with the mixture and then put more on top too next time.  Then just pop your can of biscuits open and put them on top of your cheese. There were 2 gaps in my biscuits probably because I used the wrong size dish. Don't worry it still turned out great. Put in the oven and bake for 35 minutes or until your biscuits appear to be done.

This was a cheap and easy meal. I got the biscuits and cream of something soup couponing and used just used store brand everything else. I hope you enjoy this recipe and happy couponing!

No comments: