Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Casserole

The name says it all right? I absolutely love buffalo chicken dip so when I saw this recipe I had to try it.

Here's the recipe that I followed:

http://holycannolirecipes.blogspot.com/2011/05/buffalo-chicken-potato-casserole.html

Sorry I don't have any original pictures! I promise I will get back on that!

Here's a picture from the above mentioned blog:



You will need:

  • 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in to strips or cubes - I used 2 lbs
  • 1/3 cup hot sauce
  • 5 cups shredded red potatoes - 1 used a 32oz bag of frozen home fries. The little cubes of potato. I wish I had used hashbrowns instead.
  • 1 cup ranch or bleu cheese dressing - I used bleu cheese because that's what I had
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese - I didn't use any. I bet it would have been better if I had though.
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs - again I didn't use any because I made mine in the crockpot instead of in the oven so I don't think the breadcrumbs would have worked quite as well
I cut my chicken into cubes and put it in the crockpot along with the bag of frozen homefries, hot sauce, bleu cheese dressing, and can of soup. I added about a half a cup of chicken broth to mine to make it a little more soupy. Stir it all up and put your crockpot on low. Now I did mine on low for 4 hours and the homefries weren't done all the way. So next time I would do 6 hours on low instead.

I did not end up being super thrilled with my result. It was ok but not my favorite. I think it definitely would have been better with the cheese and breadcrumbs and hashbrowns instead of homefries. I still have leftovers so I think I'm going to mix some of it with eggs and have it on toast.

I hope you enjoy this recipe and happy cooking, crockpotting, and couponing!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That seems like something minus the salad dressing that would make great omelette stuffing

ames1686 said...

Definitely...I fried it up like hashbrowns with the leftovers I had and it was delish!

sushant said...

Your article is very helpful for me, I will follow your instruction. Thank you.