Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pizza Pie

Hello,

So this is another recipe I originally found on pinterest:

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Tebow-Family-Pizza-Pie

Now while I am a fan of Tim Tebow, I am not a fan of the Gators. Gross. Go Dawgs!




The original ingredients call for:


  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
  • 1 envelope italian-style spaghetti sauce mix
  • 1 can (6oz) tomato paste
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 1 tube (12oz) refrigerated biscuits
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese plus 1 tablespoon divided
  • 2 cups (8oz) mozzarella cheese


So obviously I didn't follow that exactly...

I used:

  • 1 can of crescent rolls (8 rolls)
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • onion - maybe 1 cup frozen?
  • 1.5 cups marinara sauce
  • italian seasoning to taste
  • parmesan to taste
  • 2 cups mozzarella
  • pepperonis as needed
I browned the ground beef and onion and then drained. Mix the marinara sauce and italian seasoning with the ground beef and onion in the pan until heated through. Then, I pressed the can of crescent rolls (any refrigerated dough will do) into my greased pie pan. Pour the ground beef mixture into the pie pan. Cover with mozzarella and sprinkle parmesan to taste. I put a few pepperonis on top for good measure. 



Bake at 400 for 15-18 mins. I think I had to cook mine a little longer. It was delish! Remember that cooking generally doesn't mean you need to be exact. Feel free to experiment!

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did! Happy cooking, couponing, and crockpotting!

No comments: