Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Meatball Stroganoff

So I don't have any pictures for this recipe :( But if you go to the original blogger's page you can see pictures of theirs: http://menumusings.blogspot.com/2011/06/meatballs-stroganoff.html

I really love creamy sauces and so I took this recipe and made it my own with what I had to work with!

The recipe calls for:


  • 1 bag of frozen meatballs - I used a bag of turkey meatballs
  • evoo to brown the meatballs with - approximately 1 tablespoon
  • 2 cups beef broth - I used approximately 1 cup of chicken broth because that's what I had
  • salt, pepper, parsley, oregano basil - I used my italian seasoning instead - approximately 2-3 tablespoons
  • 2/3-1 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup heavy whipping cream
  • egg noodles
Okay so here's where I varied from the original recipe. Instead of using the sour cream and heavy whipping cream I used a can of Progresso Recipe Starter's Garlic instead:


This stuff is awesome. I got a bunch of cans of all the varieties a while back while couponing.

You'll want to follow the directions on your bag of meatballs as to how to cook them on the stove. When that's done, add your evoo and brown the meatballs. I added my broth and simmered it with the meatballs for a few minutes. Then add your can of 'soup' and your italian seasoning. I just cooked it until the sauce was heated all the way through. It would have been nice to have had some sour cream to add in at this step to make it a bit creamier but alas I did not have any. In the mean time cook your egg noodles. Once the sauce is thoroughly heated just add your sauce to your noodles. That's it! Pretty easy and I thought it was pretty good. Not the best I've ever had but it worked!

If you have any suggestions on how to improve this recipe please let me know! I was thinking you could do 2 cans of cream of mushroom too instead of the recipe starter and just add some garlic.

Happy cooking, crockpotting, and couponing!

No comments: