Monday, May 6, 2013

Ritz Cracker Poppy Seed Chicken

Hello,

Last week I made this recipe: http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2010/06/poppy-seed-chicken.html I call it ritz cracker poppy seed chicken. I was very happy about how it came out. Delish!


Here are the ingredients that you will need:

  • 5 cups cooked chicken - I used a 2lb pack of 3 large breasts
  • 1 cup sour cream - I used an individual greek yogurt instead
  • 2 cans cream of chicken soup - I used the 98% fat free
  • 2 cups crushed ritz crackers (about 1.5 rolls) - I used 40 of the reduced fat crackers
  • 1/2 cup melted butter 
  • 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
    • Additions - I used all of the additions the blogger suggested and added one of my own!
    • 1 teaspoon worcesertshire sauce
    • 1 teaspoon celery salt - sadly I did not have any of this
    • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
    • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
    • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
    • 1 teaspoon tabasco sauce - this was my addition. I strongly recommend it. Gives the dish more flavor
    • rice - I put a layer of rice at the bottom of my dish...about 1.5 cups

First you'll need to cook your chicken and shred it. If I would have thought about it earlier, I would have cooked my chicken in the crockpot but I just baked it in the oven with some salt and pepper instead. Then I shredded it with two forks. I put my cooked rice in the bottom of my greased baking dish and then my chicken on top of that. In a bowl, mix together the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, worchestershire, celery salt, garlic, lemon juice, pepper, and tabasco. Spread this evenly on top of your chicken and rice. In another bowl, mix your melted butter, crushed ritz crackers, and poppy seeds. Sprinkle this on top of the soup mixture. Now bake at 350 for 30 minutes and voila! I was very happy how good this dish turned out! I hope you enjoy it too! Happy couponing, cooking, and crockpotting!


No comments: