Thursday, May 2, 2013

French Onion Pork Chops

Hello!

So earlier this week I made French Onion Pork Chops and followed this recipe: http://www.pauladeen.com/recipes/recipe_view/french_onion_pork_chops/ with my own edits of course!



The original recipe calls for the following:

  • 4 boneless pork chops - I had 3 pork chops
  • 2 packets french onion soup mix - I used 1 packet 
  • 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
  • 2 eggs - I used 1 and it was plenty

Crack your egg into a shallow bowl and beat until mixed. Mix your breadcrumbs and onion soup mix together in another shallow bowl. Dredge your pork chops in the egg and then in the soup/breadcrumb mix and placed on a foil lined sheet. I completely covered both sides of all my pork chops. There was plenty of egg leftover. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes on each side so 30 minutes total. 



I thought these turned out really good but kind of salty. I think next time I would use 4 chops and the same amount of the other ingredients so they wouldn't be quite as salty.

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did! Happy couponing, cooking, and crockpotting!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I went with pork steaks vs chops, and baked them off for about 18 minutes until they got up to temp, Wife said was a bit salty, but I loved it!