Thursday, January 3, 2013

Canned Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread with Cream Cheese

Hello,

For our holiday party at work this year I did not want to buy anything. So, I went to my fridge and looked at what I had to work with. I had a ton of canned cinnamon rolls from a couponing trip so I searched the internet to see how I could use them and that's where I found this recipe:  http://cookiesandcups.com/cream-cheese-filled-cinnamon-roll-monkey-bread/ This stuff was sooooo tasty! I would make it again in a heartbeat.


Ingredients:
  • 3 8-count cans of cinnamon rolls - any kind will do
  • 1 8oz block cream cheese
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter
Spray a bundt pan with non-stick spray and preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Cut up your block of cream cheese into 24 cubes. One for each cinnamon roll. Open your cinnamon rolls and flatten in your hand. Make sure to save the tub of icing in each can. Put a cube of cream cheese in the cinnamon roll and pinch it closed. Do this for all the cinnamon rolls and after each one just put it in the pan. It doesn't have to be pretty looking. My pan looked about half full when all the cinnamon rolls were done. Next, combine your butter and brown sugar in a bowl and microwave until your butter is melted. Stir the mixture and pour over your cinnamon rolls. Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes. When the rolls have cooled for a few minutes, flip onto a plate. Now you can pour your icing over the top.


I highly recommend this recipe. So delicious! Happy couponing, cooking, and crockpotting!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At the top of your page it says its a crock pot recipe, but when you read the directions, you use an oven! Thanks for being deceiving!

Anonymous said...

Totally agree. If you are going to post it as a crockpot recipe it should definitely stick to being a crockpot recipe. I don't own a bundt pan. Definitely a deceiving link.

Here in an ACTUAL crockpot recipe for those that are looking for one http://www.recipesthatcrock.com/crock-pot-cinnamon-roll-casserole/

Anonymous said...

Seriously?? If you didn't read the whole recipe before cooking it, you must not cook much. Good grief, either use the recipe or don't! No need to leave an ugly message for someone that was sharing information. Believe it or not the internet is not 100% accurate.