Friday, December 21, 2012

Green Chile Sour Cream Enchiladas

Hello,

Mexican food is one of my most favorite of all time so when I saw this recipe for green chile sour cream enchiladas I had to go for it. I altered the recipe slightly and instead of using green chile's I used jalapenos instead. Excellent decision. But I have now made this recipe twice using each and they were both delicious but I definitely prefer the kick the jalapeno ones deliver.


I followed the recipe found here:   http://www.letsdishrecipes.com/2011/02/white-chicken-enchiladas-with-green.html#.UNTJh4WoG0Y
You will need the following ingredients:


  • 8 soft taco sized flour tortillas
  • 2 cups cheese - I used sharp finely shredded cheddar but the recipe recommends monterrey jack
  • 2 cups cooked shredded chicken - I baked mine in the oven and then shredded one time and the other I make some soup in the crockpot and used half of the chicken from that
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 3 tablespoons flour
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 4oz can diced green chiles - for the jalapeno enchiladas you'll need 2-4 oz of canned diced jalapenos. Depends on how spicy you want them.
Preheat your oven to 425 and spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Mix your chicken with 1 cup of the cheese. Put your tortillas in your baking dish and put some of your chicken/cheese mixture into each tortilla and roll them and place them seam side down.  In a large skillet melt your butter on medium heat. Then whisk in your flour for about a minute. Add your chicken broth and whisk until smooth and your mixture is thick and bubbly. Then stir in your sour cream and green chiles/jalapenos. Pour the mixture over the tortillas. Sprinkle with your remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes.


This dish is definitely one of my most favorite things that I have made so far. I highly recommend you making it!

In the mean time, happy cooking, couponing, and crockpotting!



No comments: